Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: anyone taken advantage of the tax free weekend?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    anyone taken advantage of the tax free weekend?

    I bought some clothing just because I needed it, just so happened to be tax free but the Back To School stuff was packed out with people
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone taken advantage of the tax free weekend?

    I went to Wally world after work Thursday night to get formula. I got off and midnight, and people were acting like it was a mini day after Thanksgiving. People were dashing to the registers when I got up there, and the bookbag isle looked full when I walked by. Ridiculous!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone taken advantage of the tax free weekend

    Is it just me or does it seem crazy to spend $200 just to save $10 in sales tax? A person might be better off just waiting for the regular sales to occur.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: anyone taken advantage of the tax free weekend

    Totally agree with you.

    I forgot about it. But people were using it like a day after Thanksgiving sale. Was unbelieveable.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone taken advantage of the tax free weekend?

    I thought I was going to ram a pencil in someone's eye....I couldn't stay long was truly a mad house, and one woman kept getting in my way and standing and just stopping to enjoy the scenery. Even at the checkout I told my kid get us some pops, the woman pushed her buggy up so she could not walk in front of her to the pop cooler. OHHHH I walked over and smiled, said excuse me and worked my big butt through there, don't block my kid.....the witch heard me say it. I looked at the cashier and said that's same da*m woman that has got in my way the whole time I was here. Rudeness just rude.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: anyone taken advantage of the tax free weekend?

    The best way to buy school supplies is to buy the absolute bare minimum necessary for the first couple of weeks. After that school supplies go on clearance (especially lunch boxes, paper, binders, etc.).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •